I recently had the honor of kicking off the new program for Boomers and Elders at Kol Tikvah in Parkland, FL. Cantor Malcolm Arnold has put together a talented committee that has created this new program. We outline it here, as part of a series of congregation based programs that we will highlight. Thanks as well to Rabbi Bradd Boxman and Rabbi Melissa Stollman who are supporting this effort.
Life’s Sacred Journey will feature a series of programs and dialogues in the first of part of 2017. Following up on our scholar in residence weekend, the outline of the program is:
- Health Living Symposium. Jan 29
- Social Engagement, scheduled for February at local Apple store
- End of Life Decision featuring the film “Being Mortal” based on Atul Gawande’s book (March)
- Finances of Aging focusing on financial planning for longevity (April)
- Bereavement Support and Caregiving Forums: scheduled throughout the program
The program will make use of local resources and congressional talent to reinforce concerns that emerged in the kick off weekend. The clergy will support this with texts, prayers and rituals.