Dr. Tussy Shnider, the author of One Congregation’s Journey of Change: A Guide to Enriching Relationships in your Congregation!, is the guest on this edition of the Seekers of Meaning Podcast.
About the Guest
Tussy Shnider, BS in Ed, MA, MSW, PhD (The Ohio State University), began her interest in not-for-profit organizations in local community and synagogue volunteer work. She held leadership positions in many local, regional, and international organizations. Expanding on that interest, Dr. Shnider returned to graduate to enhance her knowledge of organization management and Jewish studies. As part of her doctoral studies in the College of Social Work at The Ohio State University, her research included such areas as motivation of volunteers, women in leadership, and anti-Semitism in Poland. Her doctoral dissertation, a blending of her volunteer and academic interests is entitled Management Factors Associated with Perceived Effectiveness in Reform Jewish Congregations: Questionnaires Eliciting Leader and Member Perspectives.
Dr. Shnider served as a member of
- The North American Board of Trustees of the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ) and their Executive Committee
- The International Board of Directors of Women of Reform Judaism
- The CCAR-URJ Joint Commission on Synagogue Management
- The URJ Communications Committee
- The URJ Jewish Family Concerns Committee
- Temple Israel Board of Trustees and Executive Committee, chairing the Religious School Committee, the Hebrew Education Committee, and a committee to restructure the congregation
Dr. Shnider served as president of
- Women of Reform Judaism District 10 (a five-state district organization of WRJ)
- Northeast Lakes Council/URJ (a five-state regional organization of URJ)
- Temple Israel Sisterhood, Columbus, Ohio (having served as treasurer, vice president and parliamentarian for many years)